Many brands claim they can provide the replacement shocks for Chevy Silverado, but how would a buyer know? If you are one of those looking to find a quality shock replacement for your Chevy Silverado, then you have landed at the right place.
“Preferable replacement shocks give greater responsiveness, faster suspension moves, and higher resistance to bumpy roads.”
Finding the best shocks for 6-inch lift chevy 1500 or other models in general with exact requirements is not an easy task.
That is why we did deep research on this subject and compiled a list of shock absorber products that can be the best fit for your Chevy Silverado.
Table of Contents
What are the best replacement shocks for the Chevy Silverado?
We considered a number of essential factors, including quality, dependability, brand reputation, price tags, etc., while making a list of the best products.
We found Bilstein is the best provider of shocks for the Chevy Silverado in the market.
We have selected Bilstein since the product experience in comparison to other similar sellers by our review team.
Bilstein’s product has some exceptional features that make it our top choice.
Top 7 Best Replacement Shocks for Chevy Silverado Reviews
01. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shocks – Best performing of all
- Digressive piston
- Front and rear lift system
- Flexible build
- Monotube design
Made with an impressive combination of US manufacturing with German engineering, the shock ensures desired performance.
This product comes with a monotube design attached with a 46 mm digressive piston.
This piston is helpful in enhancing the truck’s capacity to adjust to the surface of the road both in on and off-road circumstances.
Its monotube body enables quick heat transfer between the shock body and shock oil. Further, this heat is dissipated to reduce the shock fade.
Bilstein Monotube Shocks can obtain longevity and performance of up to 100,000 miles. Bilstein fulfills the qualities of a reliable product by providing such a long-term service.
This gas-filled shock is specifically designed to provide smoother truck rides on rough and off-road terrain.
If we compare it to other related products, Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock provides the most economical and convenient way to lift your truck.
Thus, it is the highly recommended option if you are looking for the best shocks for 6-inch lift chevy 1500.
In addition, it leverages a gas pressure technology that helps in excelling road handle capabilities and delivers a hassle-free, comfortable ride.
It can be assumed that the product’s premium tube design, flexible build, and excellent durability made it the top-recommended option by our review team, among others on the list.
- Comes with a smoother exterior
- Includes all necessary bushing, nuts, and washers
- Designed with monotube style
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Need additional payment for mounting plates
“Despite being the best in the market, the model has a few drawbacks. This model is only available for 4WD vehicles and fits those vehicles that only have a torsion key Lift.”
02. AUTOSAVER88 Pair OEM Rear Left & Right Shock Absorber – Most credible certified shocks
- LED bulb material
- Superior build
- Multiple compatibilities
- Premium quality
OEM Rear Left & Right Shock Absorbers have been tested professionally on two of the standard systems: ISO14001 and IATF16949. They also have been certified by CE and FCC.
This product belongs to the air shocks category. Thus, they can effectively neutralize the original unit’s electric shock control.
With their superior build, they can perfectly handle a variety of driving situations.
If you decide to buy these shocks for your Chevy Silverado, you will be able to enjoy the visibly improved performance of your vehicle.
They also eradicate common truck issues due to bad shocks like long braking distance, bumpy road, inner or outer steering problems, excessive vehicle vibration, and so on.
Most of these issues arise because you might have average-quality shock absorbers installed in the vehicle. Another best thing about this shock absorber is that it can assure vehicle-specific fittings.
The product comes with a right and left shock absorber, so it is easy to directly replace the older ones.
Overall, these shock absorbers intend to provide a safe and smoother drive with your Chevy Silverado. They are also considered the best replacement shock option for SUVs and GMC trucks.
When it comes to maintaining vehicles’ stability throughout the path, the spring of the shocks boosts the spring rate. This practice incredibly increases the vehicle’s stability.
- Distributes weight equally to all tires
- Improves stability of the truck
- Decreases vibration frequency
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Not preferable for heavy-duty vehicle
03. Monroe Shocks & Struts 58654 Shock Absorber & Coil Spring Assembly– Best rough ride consistency
- 1200 lbs. Loading capacity
- PTFE-banded piston
- OE all-weather fluid
- Improves performance
One of the best options for light trucks carrying or towing varying loadings, Monroe Shocks absorbers come with a number of ideal capabilities.
One is its calibrated spring with a heavy gauge that efficiently adjusts itself to the road surfaces and different weight conditions.
This capability helps drivers to have proper control over vehicles when operating them becomes challenging.
These shocks can work well even at times of extreme temperatures. This is possible due to the inclusion of OE all-weather fluid.
To enhance the responsiveness of the shock absorbers to varying road surfaces, manufacturers have provided them with a PTFE-banded piston.
This reduces the friction level between the pressure tube and piston; as a result, responsiveness is increased.
Ride consistency is further achieved by its full-displaced valving that enhances shocks’ ability to adapt to the road surfaces quickly.
- Decreases sag when being loaded
- Provides smooth handling
- Reduces shock fade and aeration
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Can be expensive
04. Detroit Axle – Front Shock Absorbers Replacement – 2pc Set – Best designed, exceeding OE-quality standards
- Front positioning
- 2 front shock absorbers
- long-lasting durability
- Torsion bar suspension
Shocks, also known as struts, cause a significant impact on how your truck moves, rides, and handles bumps and other issues.
They keep the suspension motion in control, managing the body sway of the truck. This can affect the level of pleasure you experience while driving.
Thus, another name on the list of best shocks for Chevy Silverado is Detroit Axle. It has been a well-known name in the provider of quality shock replacements for trucks.
With a prime aim to provide premium quality equipment standards and a smoother ride for Chevy Silverado and other truck models, the product has done a fantastic job.
Moreover, these shocks are curated with OE-quality Aftermarket expertise. In fact, Detroit Axle shocks are designed to exceed the standards of OEM specifications.
An appropriate fitting and finishing are achievable, providing top-notch stopping power to the vehicle.
These shocks are known to have long-lasting durability and have passed fatigue and wear testing, ensuring it comes with the best quality.
- Appropriate fitting
- Does not require any special tool for installation
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Does not support electronic or Z71 models
05. WULF 1-3″ Front 3″ Rear Lift Kit with Pro Comp Shocks – Best built-up material
- Adjustable lift steel torsion keys
- 4 Zinc Coated U-bolts
- Shock dust boots
- Black powder-coated steel shackles
Next, the lined-up product in our replacement shocks for 2006 Silverado 1500 4×4 list is the WULF front & rear lift kit.
This product has a variety of features that makes it stand out from the other similar option in the competition.
Starting with its lift steel torsion keys, these are adjustable, providing space for vehicle owners to fit them as per the requirement.
Another exceptional quality of these shocks is that they are twin-tube-designed nitrogen gas shock absorbers.
Therefore, you can be assured that once you buy the WULF lift kit with Pro Comp shocks, you will not need to spend money repeatedly on their restoration.
Materials used in the product are of top-notch quality.
Plus, you can get hardware, shock dust boots, black powder-coated steel shackles, etc., for free if you invest in this brand product.
Rancho, being a promising brand, has prepared a unique proprietary process that uses a tuned metal spring for more power to control, eliminate body roll and stop rot overextension.
- Free accessories available
- Made up of high-quality alloy steel
- Adjustable torsion keys are available
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
Compatible only for 4X4 4WD models
“WULF’s product has a number of impressive features, but it could be on the expensive side as the brand ships shock absorbers separately. Also, you need to buy a torsion key unloading tool to handle the tool properly.”
06. Rancho RS55265 RS55198 Pairs of Shock Absorbers– Best fit for a variety of vehicles
- Ingrained 10-stage valving
- Dynamic Rebound Spring
- Front & rear RS5000 shocks
- Protective boots
Best for stock height vehicles, Rancho RS5000 shock absorbers have been proven to be a suitable choice for Chevy Silverado.
An innovative and redesigned shock absorber from Rancho has improved itself with the addition of DRS (Dynamic Rebound Spring) technology, a new, highly efficient feature.
These shocks come with red protective boots to make them last longer. These shock models have been popular for delivering application-specific valving.
They can deliver a comfortable and smooth highway ride even on off-roading terrains. These shocks have ingrained 10-stage valving, which is velocity-sensitive.
This feature delivers specific tuning for various kinds of vehicles. These shocks have been serving global truck owners since 1985, which adds to their credibility and reliability.
- Perfectly fits the compatible vehicles
- Easy to install
- Ensures smooth rides on rocky/off-roading path
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Installation is quite tricky
07. KYB SRM4079 Truck-Plus Complete Corner Unit Assembly -Strut, Mount, and Spring – Best for off-road ride comfort
- 40% improved damping performance
- Paired exterior
- KYB spring
If you are looking for a monotube-designed reliable shock absorber, then KYB SRM4079 Truck-Plus is one of the great options.
This absorber can remarkably upgrade your truck’s overall performance. KYB shocks have a paired exterior giving out a premium look.
Also, this product has been specifically designed for trucks that have frequent need to ride on the off roads. This is also the perfect choice for a vehicle that carries heavy loads or tows a trailer.
These successfully provide a 40% maximum performance upgrade in comparison to other standard shock absorbers that exist.
In addition, they come with an application-specific KYB spring that is created to maintain the weight, fit the strut, and keep up a suitable ride height for a longer period.
KYB offers all these without lowering the ride quality of the vehicle.
- Keeps the vehicle running stable
- Provides progressive compression and rebound disc for a controlled and seamless ride
WHAT WE DON’T LIKE
- Reduces vehicle speed
Shopping Factors of Replacement Shocks for Chevy Silverado
After you install the best replacement shocks for Chevy Silverado, you will not feel any of the bouncing and shaking on the road.
For choosing the best option, you would need to take care of the following buying tips:
This buying factor must be your topmost priority as your product must accommodate your truck.
If not, then it would be just a waste of money. Make sure the shocks you are investing in are perfectly compatible with your Chevy Silverado model.
Choose the correct size, style, and shape of shocks
Select the right size, shape, and style by measuring the shock.
This factor is important if you are looking for best replacement shocks for z71 trucks. Also, ensure that shocks are easy to install.
Look for durability
Some of the features, including thick piston, quality of material, and how well-guarded the shaft can help determine the shocks’ durability. In addition, checking feedback from past customers can also be helpful.
Some shocks might enable the best control and rides but might need to be changed after covering certain distances.
This would only cause you to spend more. Thus, make sure to check chosen shocks are built with rich quality steel as well as have coatings of Chrome or zinc.
Aluminum shocks are also a good consideration but are more expensive than steel ones.
This must be noted that higher price products do not always give the best results.
Your focus should be on getting the best performing product that has quality built and is compatible.
For this, thoroughly check the specification details and review and choose the best-performing item under your budget.
Check out the YouTube video to understand how to choose the right replacement shocks for your vehicle here:
Frequently Asked Questions
What shocks can provide the smoothest ride?
The shocks that can provide the smoothest rides would be almost identical or entirely identical to the factory tuning.
These types of shocks tend to have higher forgiving valving that provides robust comfort and road handling. Some of the examples include:
- Bilstein B4 series
- Monroe OE Spectrum
- KYB Excel-G Series
02. What are the best-in-industry aftermarket shock absorbers?
The following are known to be the considerable aftermarket shock absorbers:
- Bilstein 24-186643 Shock Absorber
- Bilstein 24-186742 Rear Shock Absorber
- Monroe 58640 Load Adjusting Shock Absorber
- Monroe 58620 Load Adjust Shock Absorber
- ACDelco 580-435 GM Front Shock Absorber
03. When is the best time to change shocks on the Chevy Silverado?
The best time for replacing or changing the shocks on Chevy Silverado is when it has been completed a distance between 50,000 to 100,000 miles.
In any case, they should be immediately replaced when they show the following signs:
- Leakage in shocks
- They are damaged or broken
Note that shocks must be replaced in pairs only.
04. In what ways replacing shocks can improve ride quality?
Following are the ways in which better quality and actively functional shocks can improve the quality of the ride:
- All replaced shocks can effectively reduce the bouncing due to springs compressing and releasing.
- Not replacing shocks on time can make the ride stiffer. These shocks work by improving road feedback and ride control.
- Upgrading with longer and wider shocks results in increased oil amount usage in each shock. This enables additional heat to dissipate.
05. How can I make my Chevy Silverado ride smoother?
Making certain changes and upgrades can result in a smoother Chevy Silverado ride. These are as follows:
- By reducing the unsprung mass.
- By making the suspension system softer.
- Changing the tires and wheels from time to time.
- Upgrading the chassis.
- Eliminating or reducing the vibrations.
- Installing new leaf springs.
06. Why do drivers start to feel each bump while their truck?
When drivers suddenly start to feel every bump on the road while driving, then it could be due to the following reasons:
- There might be some issue with the struts or shock absorbers.
- Possibility of tires being overinflated
- Use of wrong types of wheels on the truck. For example, it might have thin tires and huge rims.
- Your truck’s suspension design might be stiff
07. What is the reason behind the truck having a rough ride?
Different elements can be the reason behind a truck’s rough ride. Here are a few of them:
- Its tires’ alignment is inappropriate.
- Air pressure is not as per required.
- Each tire has a different level of air pressure.
- Its tires are not mounted correctly.
- Your truck’s rims might be warped or damaged.
08. What should be done to make the suspension softer?
Below are given a few effective tips that make the suspension softer, allowing it to be easily adjustable:
- A first and most important tip is to install softer struts and shocks.
- Adjust the shocks for a softer setting.
- Replace the springs with softer ones.
- Upgrade the bushings installed in the suspension.
- Use smaller bars instead of sway bars.
09. How do I choose shocks for my truck?
Before you choose shocks for your trucks, have a clear answer for the following:
- Do you want to upgrade your shocks to deliver better handling?
- Are you looking for shocks that can provide enhanced performance levels than the originally designed shocks?
- Do you need shocks compatible with heavy-duty truck rides and want adjustable controls?
Once you are clear with what you want from shock replacement, searching for the right shocks, their features, etc., would get much simpler.
10. Which would be a better option: oil or gas-filled shock absorber?
In many cases, gas-filled shock absorbers are preferred over oil-filled shock absorbers due to their following advantages:
- They provide enhanced comfort.
- With gas-filled shock absorbers driving safety is improved.
- These types of shock absorbers allow trucks to achieve better performance.
11. Which option is better for Chevy 1500: monotube or twin-tube shocks?
Monotube designed shock absorbers are considered best shocks for 6-inch lift chevy 1500 over twin-tube shocks due to many of their benefits, including:
- They provide higher performance levels.
- Monotube shocks come with a custom feel.
- These shocks come with all-out reliability and repeatability.
- They offer an enhanced damping force.
- Their heat dissipation is also comparatively better.
- Its provision of a free-floating piston prevents oil and gas from mixing.
12. What might happen if the used shocks are too long?
Placement of too-long shocks is also one of the problems with trucks. Because of this, several other issues may arise like:
- A vehicle might experience bottoming out of the shock absorber where it gets completely compressed.
- Longer shocks may also affect the braking efficiency of the trucks.
Due to the placement of long socks, the top of the shaft will meet the top of the vehicle’s body.
Here the top seal gets housed, causing the damage. When this takes place, excessive oil also starts to escape.
Conclusion On Replacement Shocks for Chevy
Truck rides involve rough or rocky roads. That is why they need an excellent set of shocks to be installed.
Without appropriate shocks, they will not be able to perform even the average of their potential.
So, ensure to get the best shocks for Chevy Silverado 1500 and 2500 trucks to enjoy the convenient, smooth rides.